Friday, October 29, 2010

Oh hi Dililah.

I just heard a song from a few years ago by the Plain White T's. Most of you will remember this piece. It's quiet. It's sentimental. And it hits the heart like a rock. One of the great features of “Hey Delilah” is the storyline of this mystery woman who ends up in New York. I have never been to New York. I hear great things. My roommate says NY is boring and expensive. I admire his statement's simplicity but I don't think I would agree.

I talked to a friend of mine on the phone recently. We usually agree on pretty much everything. We discussed the East Coast United States and how wonderful it must be. As mentioned earlier, I did in fact take a trip to Washington D.C., what a city. My friend and I relished the thought of a crisp fall day. And perhaps some Counting Crows “Long December” paving our way. Now I know what you're thinking. And you're right. The song's content leans more toward's the West Coast. But honestly, this song transcends any so-called boundaries. Favourite lyric thus far: “Drove up to hillside manner sometime after 2 am and talked a little while about the year... I guess the winter makes you laugh a little louder, talk a little slower about the things you could not show her.” Two great things: 1) It's an actual verse and not a bridge. And not only that, it's the third verse, which is even better. 2) It's talking about winter. And I'm OK with that. The only real downfall about winter is the fact that less khakis will be hitting the streets.

I've been contemplating the fate of the khaki over the last couple of weeks. I have talked to just about everyone about them. I have observed the common khaki among the masses. Unfortunately, the khaki's season is coming to an end. But only because the rain is setting in. A wise woman once told me you can't impress with salad. That's a lie, you can impress with salad. Well, she actually told me you can't wear khakis in the rain. And I couldn't agree with her more. It's the hem that is problematic coupled with the fact that the khaki looks much better in the sunshine. Has this stopped me from wearing man's greatest gift to pants? Absolutely. I couldn't fathom the idea of wearing khakis that are slightly damp at the hem. That just wouldn't be right.

So until further notice, or at least until it warms up- Cam as we know it will be khaki free. For all those khaki lovers out there: I suggest you do the same.

1 comment:

  1. "Man's greatest gift to pants." That's why I keep coming back, Cam. You kill me.

    ReplyDelete